More accurately, we made a game. Presumed Dead, a young team of Game Design students were tasked with making a complete game. My teammates and I went through some serious ups and downs during this nine week production cycle, but as of yesterday we have officially 'released' our title Schrodinger's Lab. From concept and documentation to marketing materials we have done it all.
At the beginning of the semester I set out to learn. While I had particular skill sets in mind, my broader goal was just to learn how to make games. With the semester coming to a close today I feel much more confident in my capabilities as a developer, a student, and a person in general. It's a freeing feeling recognizing that given enough time and motivation I have the skills ready to literally make a game.
And that's exactly my plan moving forward. In the coming months I expect to work through preproduction on an interactive experience 'code-named' Project Deep Media.
And of course thank you so much to all the people around me encouraging me to develop my skills, and become a better creative.